The state of Oregon requires social workers practicing at the bachelors, masters and clinical/LCSW social work levels to seek licensure and continuing education.
The NASW of Oregon certifies conferences and workshops in the continuing education categories of non-clinical, clinical, ethics and supervision. Click here for the State Board of Licensed Social Workers Oregon Administrative Rules Chapter 877.
The NASW Oregon Chapter Continuing Education Approval Program enables groups and individuals to obtain CEU accreditation for events they are sponsoring.
To learn more, peruse the chapter’s CE approval program packet as a Word document or a PDF. The packet contains information about application criteria and fees, a letter of instruction and an application form.
How to apply:
1. Submit your application at least four weeks prior to the event. Authorization typically takes four to six weeks from receipt of a completed application. A $75.00 rush fee will be added to any application needing authorization in less than 4 weeks time.
2. Download and save the application form as a Word document or a PDF. Click here » for the application in Word. Click here » for the application in PDF.
3. Complete all required fields and requested information as described in the application.
4. Save your completed application.
5. Send your completed application as an email attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org
Mailed or faxed applications require additional time to process.
1 - 7.5 $190
8 - 16 $280
17 – 25 $400
26 – 55 $450
56 – 99 $500
100 – 150 $630
151 – 200 $790
Repeat fee: $80 per repeated event
Late fee: $75
Non-profit Organization Fees
(For non-profit organizations providing CE as a service, not for profit)
1 - 7.5 $95
8 - 16 $140
17 – 25 $200 .
26 – 55 $225
56 – 99 $250
100 – 150 $315
151 – 200 $345
Repeat fee: $50 per repeated event
Late fee: $75
For more information about whether you qualify for nonprofit fees, call the chapter office at 503-452-8420.
If you have a question, click here to fill out a CE question online form.
More questions? Contact Janet Kusyk, Chapter Office Administrator, at 503-452-8420 or email@example.com.