Committee Chair: Vacant
Contact info: email@example.com
Please contact Delmar Stone at 503-452-8420 if you are interested in learning more about this committee and to find out about upcoming meetings.
Authorization and Accountability:
The Ethics Committee is a standing committee of NASW Oregon Chapter. The Ethics Committee is accountable to the Board of Directors.
· Educate members about the Code of Ethics and ethical practice.
· Assist members in the use and application of the Code of Ethics.
· Provide a forum to explore ethical issues for social work practitioners via informal consultation.
Members, Terms, and Criteria:
The Ethics Committee meets every other month, with additionally scheduled meetings as needed. Committee members must be a member of NASW in good standing with experience and or specific interest in ethics, and prepared to serve for a minimum of one year. Due to the potentially sensitive nature of ethical inquiries, Committee members agree to confidentiality for those members seeking consultation.
· Respond to inquiries from members and chapter staff.
· Describe purpose of committee as stated above to all callers and inquiries.
· Document inquiries and outcome of consultation.
· Refer to State Licensing Board as appropriate.
· Communicate to the Board of Directors regarding activities of the committee.